We planted purple cauliflower seedlings in the Fall, and we’ve been enjoying the harvest this past January. Ms. Luk and I and I have been roasting purple cauliflower for our students to sample, and they are a hit! Ms. Luk’s 2nd grade class has tried roasted broccoli and cauliflower and my kindergarten and 3rd grade garden classes had a chance to try out just the cauliflower. You can try this simple recipe at home.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry cauliflower as best as possible.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and place on non-stick baking pan.
- Drizzle olive oil on each piece and sprinkle salt to your liking.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until the parts touching the pan start to brown.
- Remove from oven. Flip pieces around. Place back in oven.
- Bake until tender for another 10-15 minutes.